Wednesday 6 April 2016

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?





Preliminary Task College Magazine                                              Music Magazine Front Cover














In order to complete my preliminary task I had to design a college magazine front cover, the basis of this preliminary task was basically preparing me and giving my the beginners skills for my main task which was to design a final product on producing a front cover, contents page and double page spread for a music magazine of my chosen genre, which was indie-alternate music. Also, the preliminary task helped advance my knowledge, skills and ultimately helped me gain experience in using Photoshop. The image below shows the all the specific features I have learned from creating my preliminary task and the skills that I have began to develop whilst design my final magazine products.




In the image below shows a short breakdown of my preliminary college magazine front cover in comparison to my final products. The main advantages of creating the preliminary task allowed to me grasp a good knowledge of the key codes and conventions that are vital when needing to be applied to a magazine front cover to make it appealing and attractive to my specific targeted audience which in my case, is the indie-alternate scene. My preliminary task showed me how important applying the key codes and conventions because my preliminary task was rather unconventional the faults of the magazine are very clear to see. For instance, it isn't clear which story is the main story as all the fonts and sizes are practically the same. Additionally, my model on my magazine has no relevance to the magazine as he's not named on the front cover, nor is there a feature story related to him. Also, there appears to be no exact three-way colour scheme which is essential into forming a traditional magazine, as people associate colours with a brand, for example, the 'NME' is mainly associated with red, black and white. 







No comments:

Post a Comment