Wednesday 23 March 2016

Double Page Spread Development Process

Double Page Spread Development Process



When starting my double page spread, I wanted to plan the whole process in order to create the most conventional and successful double page spread. Firstly; I created many digital drafts in order to give myself a primary and simple plan of what lay out I wanted to achieve, those of which I will hopefully use in my final design of the double page spread. 








I personally like the layout to this specific design because I believe it's spacious and looks aesthetically appealing and also includes all the conventions such as a pull quote and a stand first which are expected from a double page spread of a magazine. 




In this digital draft I have given a brief statement about what each convention will do for my double page spread.


Google Mock Up


This is my google mock up double page spread draft, however i want to change various things in order to improve my mock up in several ways, such as make it more conventional, i looked at other magazines similar to mine to see if i could add anything to improve this.

Firstly, in many other magazines the pull quote was vibrant and attractive, although i think i have a vibrant colour, the font and other things such as emphasis on certain words which was more important was missing, therefore changed the font and placed emphasis on the words 'New Album' as i thought that is what the fans care about the most and therefore made it the most important factor in the pull quote.


Next, i thought i needed to implement my own brand upon the magazine, i did this by adding my logo into the bottom left corner alongside the page number, which i thought was conventional and essential into implementing my brand into the magazine. Also i noticed that the image of the Kasabian album was almost floating and didn't necessarily fit into the magazine so i simply replaced it to make it more in place and i think it makes the magazine look more formal as a result. 



Finally, the article looks extremely messy so i straightened the writing and as a result it became more conventional and formal looking and not all over the place. 








No comments:

Post a Comment